Applying for Probate Online - feedback required

Our firm is considering registering for the Probate Service’s new online probate service for solicitors.

I note that to use this service you have to open an account with the HMCTS Fee Account System. When I checked the details online I note that this system applies to all HMCTS civil court cases.

Our Practice Manager has commented that when our firm used the HMCTS system in the past to pay court fees for civil litigation matters, our cashiers department found it very difficult to reconcile the paperwork received from HMCTS because they included their own reference on the statement, rather than our own internal reference/matter number or the client’s name.

I would appreciate any feedback from practitioners who have used the online probate service and whether their accounts departments have had any problems with the fee system, or whether any problems have now been resolved.

Also, any feedback on the online probate system itself would be welcome before we register.

Philip Evans
Graham & Rosen Solicitors
Hull

We are also considering this and would appreciate any feedback on the service if there is anyone currently using the online system?

Helen Claydon
Fidelis Legal Services Ltd