Recommended member - Lithuanian-speaking

Can anybody please recommend a Lithuanian speaking Lawyer who can read and verify a Certificate of Intestate Succession issued by a Lithuanian notary?

A Lithuanian beneficiary of an estate I am dealing with has died during the administration and I need to make sure I am going to be paying the inheritance on to the right person.

Robert Lynn
DAVEY LAW

I appreciate that I’m not answering the actual question posed, but is it necessary to seek Lithuanian advice?

If the estate of which the Lithuanian is a beneficiary is an English estate, might it be sufficient to require their personal representative (PR), or equivalent, to obtain an English grant, and then for the English PRs to account to the grant holder? That puts the onus on the Probate Court to be satisfied as to the entitlement of those claiming the deceased beneficiary’s estate and the PRs of the English estate are protected should the distribution be challenged.

This way the claimants bear the responsibility and cost of proving their claim. Also, if a claim from a third party arises, how easy might it be to recover any monies paid to persons in Lithuania?

Paul Saunders

Thank you Paul

On further reflection and consideration of the risks to the firm as professional executors, I think that is how we will proceed.

Robert Lynn
DAVEY LAW