TRS / Deed of Variation / 18-25 Trust

If a child who is entitled to the whole of a parent’s estate wants to enter into a DOV to pass part of this inheritance to their own children @ 25, am I correct in assuming the Trust will need to be registered as it is not an 18-25 Trust that is being established on the ‘death’ of a parent? Is there any other exemption that may come to the rescue in this instance??

The Trust will be within TRS whatever its nature and classification as non-taxable and as taxable if and when it incurs a relevant tax liability. There is no reading back of a DOV whenever it is made so the child will be the settlor and the trust will commence on the date of settlement even if the DOV is executed within 2 years of death

Jack Harper