Any progress towards ratification for England and Wales of the Hague Convention on the International Protection of Adults 2000?

Does anyone have any information about the UK’s progress towards ratifying, for England and Wales, the Hague Convention on the International Protection of Adults 2000? (It ratified
for Scotland some years ago). The lack of ratification gives rise to repeated problems with the use of English/Welsh LPAs abroad.

'Valuing every voice, respecting every right: Making the case for the Mental Capacity Act ', the Government’s response to the House of Lords Select Committee Report on
the Mental Capacity Act 2005, was published in June 2014.

(https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/318730/cm8884-valuing-every-voice.pdf)

It was said there that the Government ‘intends to take steps to commence this work with a view to achieving ratification’ (at 8.21).

As far as I can see, the trail has gone cold since then. I can find nothing subsequent on the internet (which may just be my lack of skill), but have also had no success with
my attempts to get a response from likely Government Departments about whether any progress is being made and whether this is still a live intention. Last I knew it was with the MoJ.

If anyone had any information, or even rumours, about any progress I’d be glad to hear. Obviously ratification would be huge stride forward when trying to cope with international
situations.

Many thanks.

Judith Morris