Christopher Whitehouse

I am sure that many members of this Forum will have encountered Chris in person and virtually over the years. I also remember seeing him at the Royal Opera House on many occasions.

Very sorry to hear of his death so soon after retiring.

What sad news; he will be much missed.

He was one of the very best and most entertaining speakers on the lecture circuit.

Nicola Waldman | Partner | For Hodge Jones & Allen

0.png

1.png

2.png

Sad news indeed. He was a favourite speaker of mine.

Caroline Brooks-Johnson
Inheritance Law

That is very sad. I always enjoyed his talks.

Sara

Sara Spencer | Trust Manager

www.trustandestate.co.uk

Sara Spencer Ltd, 8 Kingsway, Harrogate, HG1 5NQ

07952 651881 | 01423 524114

Sara.spencer@trustandestate.co.uk

Privacy Notice - details of our legal basis for processing your information, retention period for data held, security of your data, your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) including the right to complain can be found in our full Privacy notice

This email and the information contained in it and in any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to, and must not use, disclose, copy, distribute, retain or rely on this email or any part of it.

Please note that whilst we try to ensure that attachments are virus-free, we cannot accept responsibility for situations where this is not the case.

Any information in this email is advice from the business and not the sender.

Sara Spencer Ltd is a company registered in England, registration number 12304408, registered office 8 Kingsway, Harrogate, HG1 5NQ

I too am very sorry to hear this sad news. Chris was a most engaging speaker and I always enjoyed his excellent lectures.

Cliona O’Tuama

Solicitor

Very sad day. Enjoyed attending his seminars and reading his book. He will be missed

Very sad to hear of Chris’ death.

I first encountered Chris back around the mid -1980’s and whenever was out of my depth on a trust matter (which occurred regularly) Chris was always there to help, on many occasions without charge (rare amongst the legal fraternity). Whatever the issue he new the answer.

He will sorely be missed by many.

Malcolm Finney

How very sad. He was an excellent speaker and instructor.
I am very sad indeed to hear of his untimely death.
Susan Shaw

This is such sad news! He was a wonderful speaker, and somehow was able to make even the most complex tax issues understandable. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

In my view the books co-written by Chris (and Emma Chamberlain) have made an outstanding contribution to the legal literature of private client tax. I can’t recall a similar one since Potter & Monroe 50 years earlier. A luminary.

Jack Harper

Sad to hear this. Chris had the knack of making complicated issues sound simple.

Anthony Kalp

Oh such sad news. I always enjoyed his talks. RIP Chris.

Very sad news RIP Chris.

How sad, I had the pleasure of his wise Counsel and very much enjoyed attending presentations that he gave. My condolences to his family.

Gordon Fox

Very sad news. I only spoke with him on a couple of occasions when attending his lectures. Even them brief discussions left a positive impact which is testament to not only his legal acumen, but his wonderful personality to match.

Very sad news. He was my tutor at the College of Law. I learned difficult concepts with the help of his book and the cartoons. I always enjoyed his talks and the general help he gave over the years.

Such sad news, we have lost a legend :frowning:

Yes sorry to hear. He was an interesting and engaging speaker. I asked him one or two questions on occasion and he was generous with his time.

I have had the pleasure of attending several of Chris’ lectures over the years. Always presented with the utmost professionalism. He will indeed be sadly missed.

Dan Attfield
The Will and Trust Company

My heartfelt condolences to Chris’ family, friends and colleagues.

He always wore his brilliance lightly and with rare humility and approachability.

Never to be forgotten.