Historic Grant of Probate

Hello. I am trying to obtain copy GOP and will from 2012. The GOV.UK system locates the deceased and I place the item in my basket. When I try to pay for the item, the system drops out. I have used Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and tried on my mobile phone, all with the same result. I recall I tried last year and the same situation occurred. In the end I had to use the good old paper route (which took a while). On the paper application it states it can be up to 4 weeks!

Tried HMCTS probate registry and was told I would need to email Iron Mountain. They do not keep any telephone numbers to try to be able to speak with an individual.

Has anybody had the same experience and if so, do you know of a solution or alternative?

I have often used the “Find a Will” service on Gov.UK to see Grants and copy wills without any problem, although you do need to register. However, this will not help if you need some sort of official proof - the system suggests you need relative’s consent to tell anyone else …