HMLR Delays and Confidentiality Paranoia

After 14 months and my recent rude letter (attaching a copy of the JR Pre-action protocol without comment!) HMLR have awoken (the Sleeping Beauty slept for 100 years so not even a civil service record). During that time my matter has been titled “Exceeded” on my lawyer’s HMLR screen… This week the screen indicated notices issued but HMLR refused to say to whom or about what.

Here is an extract from my latest email to them;

"It turns out that the notices received yesterday were addressed to my wife and me. The antecedent secrecy is thus perfunctory and bordering on the paranoid. I do not need further information as we will email the completed notices today and hope registration follows promptly.

I note acerbically, though not directed at you personally, that if I or my solicitor had delayed 12 months in processing a client’s instructions we could expect to have the SRA gunning to strike us off (they just hate solicitors). So I will be formally complaining in due course."

I had been preparing to follow the most encouraging advice of Peter at Probate Registry querying numbering in Wills - #7 by peter. Anno Domini has long forced me to abandon my preferred method of dispute resolution (physical violence) but I shall be resorting earlier nowadays to his recommended approach,

Jack

Only 14 months! Things must be improving

Peter

Peter S Hughes TEP CTAPS

Partner

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.png