Lack of attendance note

Dear All

If you took instructions for a will and drafted the will and then posted to the client for execution with instructions and there is an absence of an attendance note. In this situation, would a witness statement by the professional who attended the client and drafted the will be enough, to Circumvent the attendance note absence.

Looking forward to your responses

Kind Regards
Awais

In my view, a full and detailed attendance note should always be made. They have got me out of potentially difficult situations on several occasions over the year.

Thank you for your comment. I understand that a attendance is the best protection to save yourself from any issues. However, in the event if there was not one what would the best course of action be?

Kind Regards

Awais

I think the answer depends on what is the problem caused by the lack of the attendance note. If it is simply a case of you wanting to remedy the lack of a note on the file, and if events are still reasonably fresh in your memory then I don’t see why you cannot make an attendance note now of your meeting that took place a short while ago. I suggest you be clear about what you are doing within the note.

Presumably your recollection of events will not be any better just because the document takes the form of a witness statement instead of an attendance note.

1 Like