Limited Company as Executor

Can a Limited Company be named as an Executor, with the Director at the date of death being allowed to submit Probate.

I did not think it was possible unless said Company was a trust corporation but the Probate service have told me otherwise.

Perhaps anyone has had experience of this?

The company can appoint a director (or anybody else) to take out the grant as its attorney. Could that be what they mean?

I’m not overly sure, but if your suggestion would work then I suppose so. I have just never come across it on a practical level.

More years ago than I care to remember, the answer was no. Nor could the company nominate a director to act. I do realise that times change, however. If you have four months to wait, ask the Registry…

Sorry Abbie, but I understood many years ago that a Limited Company could be an executor, provided that this is within their Articles. I think Andrew is correct that the company does have to act via a named person.

There doesn’t seem to be a decisive answer so I guess I will see how it pans out on a practical level!