Purchase of Donor's share of property by Attorney (co-owners)

I have a situation where H died and left his half share of property outright to his two children.

W owns the other half but is now in permanent residential care. Her funds are running out fast and LA want to move her to a cheaper home.

Attorneys (children) want to buy her share of the property and not to sell.

  1. If she retains mental capacity is a COP order still required? Medical report would be obtained.
  2. Does anyone have recent experience of timescales and fees if we need to apply to the COP?

Any words of wisdom very welcome!

Kathy Melkerts
Melkerts Solicitors