Trouble with online probate application

I would first of all like to apologise for having to display the following legal statement(LS) but I am at my wits end to know if I am at fault. Back in October I submitted what was my first online application. In fact I submitted two applications at about the same time. One has been granted but the application for the other has been stopped and the comment SOT from sols has been entered by an official. As you will see from the following, it is a LS and I confirm that this has been signed by the executor. In fact when it was submitted, HM CTS raised a minor query about the will and asked that I email my reply with page 2 of the LS as I had not sent this with the Will since it was blank. I emailed my reply and that is where everything came to a halt. I have emailed on a number of occasions and telephoned but I’ve got nowhere. it is only recently that I noticed the content of the second sentence of the LS which authorises us to sign a SOT. ( I cannot recall this being included in the other case I submitted) Surely the LS signed by the executor is sufficient. If it is not, what should the SOT say that is not in the LS as set out below?
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE

FAMILY DIVISION

(PROBATE)

Legal statement

The executor believes that all the information stated in the legal statement is true. They have authorised

Beor Wilson Lloyd to sign a statement of truth on their behalf.

This statement is based on the information given in your application. It will be stored as a public record.

I, of, United Kingdom make the

following statement:

The person who died

, of, , United Kingdom was born on

and died on, domiciled in England and Wales. The will appoints an executor.

The estate of the person who died

The gross value for the estate in England and Wales amounts to £ and the net value for the estate

amounts to £.

To the best of my knowledge, information and belief, there was no land vested in which was settled previously to the death (and not by the will) of and which remained

settled land notwithstanding such death.

Executors applying for probate

The grounds for making this application and any supporting evidence are: Probate

, the executor named in the will, is applying for probate.

I authorise Beor Wilson Lloyd to send on my behalf what I believe to be the true and original last will and testament of.

Executors not applying for probate None.

I confirm that the information I have provided is correct to the best of my knowledge.DeclarationI confirm that I will deal with the estate of, according to law. I will: collect the whole estate keep full details (an inventory) of the estate keep a full account of how the estate has been distributed If the probate registry (court) asks me to do so, I will:provide the full details of the estate and how it has been distributedreturn the grant of probate to the court I understand that: the application will be rejected if I do not provide information (if asked) proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against the undersigned if it is found that the evidence provided is deliberately untruthful or dishonest, as well as revocation of the grant

I authorise Beor Wilson Lloyd, as my appointed firm, to submit this application on my behalf.

Print name

IN BLOCK CAPITALS (executor):

Signed by (executor):

Date (DD/MM/YYYY):

Hello, did you first receive confirmation from HMCT that they had received the original documents and if so after how long, if you did not receive confirmation first they may have wrongly forwarded the applications to the wrong registry hence the trouble you are having.

Hi Rick. Sorry I forgot to put my name to the posting. Yes I did receive email confirmation following submission of the Will and LS and it was in that email that they asked for page 2 of the LS. In fact since submitting this problem to TDF, I have been able to locate the LS for the other case I submitted a week later and that contains the exact same narrative “They have authorised Beor Wilson Lloyd to sign a statement of truth on their behalf“. As I said, the grant in that case was issued without delay. I am working from home but when speaking with a colleague who is assisting me with my cases, she tells me that the LS she has just generated for another case does not have that narrative.

Patrick Moroney
BWL solicitors