TRS and Form 17

I know that you do not need to register a trust if it is a Schedule 3A trust, and that includes a co-ownership trust set up to hold shares of property jointly owned by 2 or more people as tenants in common.

However, if a married couple has entered into a Declaration of Trust solely in relation to the rental income from a property, and they have submitted Form 17 to HMRC, would that also come under the above exemption?

Many thanks, Jane

The only requirement is that the legal and beneficial owners are the same people.