New Style Grants

(saraharundel) #1

Are other practitioners finding any issues with the new style grants? In particular I have found:-

1. there is a delay in issuing grants (I mainly use Newcastle DPR)
  2. there are errors in all the new style grants I have received to date
  3. the format of the grants means the information in it is not presented as clearly as in the old style - for example the PR’s name and the deceased’s name both appear twice.

Sarah Arundel
Taylor Fawcett

(simon.shaffer) #2

You’re lucky, I am waiting for five grants from Brighton that have been in for at least four weeks and have yet to see anything, and they are not answering their phones!

Simon J. Shaffer
MOERANS Solicitors

(saraharundel) #3

Further to my post above the email address probatefeedback@Justice.gov.uk can be used if you would like to feedback about the new style grants.

Sarah Arundel
Taylor Fawcett

(John Cartlidge) #4

Likewise - would love to see one - numerous applications submitted Liverpool since 18th March - not a dickey bird save for requisition as to why the Will was NOT stapled!

John Cartlidge
Campion Solicitors

I have received a new style grant of probate with no will annexed. Is this a mistake or is it the new standard practice not to annex wills?

Orlando Bridgeman
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors

(chris.shaw) #6

As no Will is annexed to the new style grant. I assume that means we no longer have to send 2 unbound copies. We haven’t been told this is the case.

Chris Shaw
Graysons Solicitors

(claire.flood162) #7

I have just spoken to a lady at Newcastle DPR to be told that a new computer system has been installed at all probate registries but has failed and she could not say what if any correspondence had been received or the progress of any applications and they could not issue any grants either until the computer system is put right and she suggested waiting a further week to ten days to contact them again and she said they were amassing a huge backlog. I had to check it wasn’t April 1st. She seemed to be under the impression that I should have heard of this incident but I haven’t - has anyone else? Also just phoned HMRC about an IHT 421 only to be told they have a huge backlog and not to phone until 3 weeks have elapsed - another week to go for me.

Claire Flood
CLAIRE FLOOD SOLICITORS

(Haroon) #8

We have just received a grant back from Newcastle DPR several weeks after the application was made and issuing a formal complaint as we had been told that the grant was issued, only to be told subsequently that it was still with the registrar. The DPR were almost impossible to get hold off, and not very helpful - in fairness they are normally very good so I suspect there are a number of issues.

Unfortunately, a grant of probate was issued… but we applied for letters of administration… now we have to apply for a reissue and weeks more delay for an extremely unhappy client. (Tearing my hair out!)

Haroon Rashid
I Will Solicitors Ltd